Prestwick Tennis & Fitness - Covid 19 Safety Policy 6
This policy should be read in conjunction with the Tennis Scotland guidelines which can be found at https://bit.ly/327HPjN. The club will comply with the Tennis Scotland guidelines and will always consider safety first. We will also ensure that sufficient Covid 19 information will be provided to members, and that appropriate posters and signage are in place.
We will maintain strong communication links with all members ensuring they are kept up to date and achieve their full cooperation. A thorough risk assessment has been and will continue to be undertaken for the club and appropriate measures put in place to ensure members and staff are protected.
Covid Officer: Stewart Rogerson
- All indoor courts closed from 6pm on Friday 20th
- Outdoor courts will be open from (8.00am to 8.30pm Monday to Thursday, 8.00am-8.00pm Friday and 8.00am to 7pm Saturday, Sunday 8.00-4.00pm). Reception will be open 4-7pm Monday to Saturday to book your courts please contact them on 01292 474700.
- The gym will close from 6pm on Friday 20th
- Indoor Centre building will be closed from 6pm on the 20th
- The Café will be closed from 6pm on the 20th
- Nets will be maintained at the correct height to avoid players having to adjust them as net winders will be removed.
- All other equipment and items will be removed from the courts (benches, bins and score boards).
Health & Safety
- Please do not come to the club if you are showing symptoms of Covid 19.
- If you have a continuous cough, high temperature, or loss or change in taste or smell, then you should not take part in any activity, and should self isolate and request a coronavirus test right away. Further information is available at www.NHSinform.scot/test-and-protect or by calling 0800 028 2816 if you cannot get online
- Players are advised to bring their own sanitisers. However hand sanitiser are available on the outside courts.
- Limits to group sizes for social gatherings do not apply to organised outdoor adult group tennis activity. However, normal physical distancing and household number guidelines are applicable before and after playing tennis, or when taking breaks.
- The Main Gates and courts will be open from 8.00am every day and will close 8.30pm Monday to Thursday, 8pm Friday, 7pm Saturday and 4pm Sunday.
- Measures are in place to minimise contact between people including in car parks and at entrances to courts.
- Where safe and appropriate court gates will be kept open.
- Prestwick: Access to courts 1 and 2 via gate court 1
- Prestwick: Access to courts 3 and 4 via gate at the back of court 3.
- Prestwick: Access to courts 9,10,11,12 via gate court 9.
- Ayr Fort: Access through the gate at court 1 only.
- Gym Classes access –No Classes re government guidelines in the studio. Classes continue online facebook live/mywellness app.
- Players should bring own rackets and tennis balls.
Bookings & Payments Tennis
- Members can book courts by contacting reception on 01292 474700. Reception will be taking calls between 4-7pm Monday to Saturday to book your courts
- Members can book courts up to seven days in advance (non-members up to 3 days)
- Payment for courts by non-members, should be made by card payment over the phone at the time of booking.
- We are required to be provided with the names and contact details of players at the time of booking.
- Adult Coaching Classes- Reception will contact you for card payment after attending the class.
- Junior Matchplay – Please pay the coach at the start of the session in cash.
- LD Junior and Adults please pay the coach on arrival at the class in cash.
- Singles players can be from different household.
- Doubles pairings can be from different household.
- Group coaching: Juniors as per the LTA coach player ratios.
- Group coaching/Matchplay: Adults maximum of 30 players in total outside only.
- Adults and children aged 12 and over do not need to physically distance during outdoor play but do before and after, and need to maintain physical distance at all times during Indoor.
- Children aged 11 & under do not need to comply with physical distancing from each other at any time (including both indoor and outdoor activity.
- Players do not need to use their own marked tennis balls however extra care should be taken to avoid touching your face during play. Clean hands before and immediately afterwards.
- Avoid using your hands to pick up tennis balls that come onto your court from another – use a racket /foot to hit kick to return them to another court.
- Avoid chasing the ball down to another court if other players are using it
- If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve
- Avoid touching your face
- To book your workout or class download the “My Wellness” App from Google Play or Appstore.
Spectators are actively discouraged. Where attendance of parent or guardian or a carer for a disabled player is required this should be limited to 1 per player, with social distancing strictly observed.