Prestwick Tennis & Fitness
Covid 19 Safety Policy
This policy should be read in conjunction with the Tennis Scotland guidelines which can be found at https://bit.ly/36xJ6Ax .
The Club will comply with the Tennis Scotland guidelines and will always consider safety first. We will also ensure that sufficient Covid 19 information will be provided to members, and that appropriate posters and signage are in place.
We will maintain strong communication links with all members ensuring they are kept up to date and achieve their full cooperation. A thorough risk assessment has been and will continue to be undertaken for the club and appropriate measures put in place to ensure members and staff are protected.
- All outdoor courts only will be open, with indoor courts remaining closed
- Toilet facilities will be closed
- All social spaces will remain closed
- Nets will be maintained at the correct height to avoid players having to adjust them as net winders will be removed.
- All other equipment and items will be removed from the courts (benches, bins and score boards).
Health & Safety
- Please do not come to the club if you are showing signs of Covid 19.
- Players are advised to bring their own sanitisers. If required, the Club will have hand sanitiser at the side of the courts.
- All common touch points will be cleaned regularly.
- Measures are in place to minimise contact between people including in car parks and at entrances to court.
- Where safe and appropriate court gates will be kept open.
- Prestwick: Access to courts 1 and 2 via gate court 1.
- Prestwick: Access to courts 3 and 4 via gate at the back of court 3.
- Prestwick: Access to courts 9 and 10 via gate court 9.
- Prestwick: Access to courts 11 and 12 via gate at court 12 overflow carpark.
- Ayr Fort: Access through the gate at court 1 only.
- Players should bring own rackets and clearly marked tennis balls.
Bookings & Payments
- Members can book courts by contacting reception on 01292 474700 between 9am-8pm
- Members can book courts up to seven days in advance (non-members up to 3 days)
- Payment for courts by non-members, and for any tennis balls required should be made by card payment over the phone at the time of booking.
- We are required to be provided with the names and contact details of players at the time of booking.
- Singles players can be from different household.
- Doubles pairings must be from the same household.
- Ensure you leave the court 5 minutes before the end of your allotted time so that it is empty for the next players.
- Stay at least 2 metres away from other players at all times including during play when taking breaks and before and after play.
- Use your own clearly marked tennis balls, players are advised to use one set each. These should be alternated for serving with each player only touching their individual tennis balls.
- Avoid using your hands to pick up tennis balls that aren’t yours – use a racket/foot to hit/kick them to your opponent or return to another court.
- Avoid chasing the ball down to another court if other players are using it
- If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve
- Avoid touching your face
- Spectators are actively discouraged.
- Where attendance of parent or guardian or a carer for a disabled player is required this should be limited to 1 per player, with social distancing strictly observed.